5 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Sirimon - Chogoria Route
Day 1 Nairobi/Nanyuki
Depart Nairobi in the morning at around 9/10am for Nanyuki arriving in time for lunch. The afternoon is spent in this area for acclimatization by walking along the equitor line. Dinner and overnight in a budget hotel.
Day 2 Old Moses Camp
After breakfast, drive to Sirimon Park Gate. After check-in start hiking through the Rain Forest for 9 km (5/6 hours) to Old Moses camp (3300m). Dinner and overnight in the camp.
Day 3 Old moses/Shipton Camp
Depart Old Moses Camp at 7:30 am via Mackinders Valley to Shipton Camp (4200m). The distance takes 8to9 hrs 15km. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 Shimpton/Point Lenana/ Chogoria
Early morning departure (3:00 am) to the summit, a walk that takes 3 hrs to point Lenana (4985m) arriving at 6:30 in the morning. After sunrise, descend to Mintos Hut for full breakfast and later proceed down through the Gorges valley to Chogoria Bandas and campsite. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 : Chogoria/Nairobi
After breakfast, set on morning journey to Chogoria village(32km) if you don’t want you can take a jeep you pay direct or you cost share in a group. Then after Chogoria the transport is provided back to Nairobi, arriving late afternoon
- All park entry fees
- Transportation from and back to Nairobi
- Services of a trained guide and porters
- All camping equipment
- Three meals per day breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Climbing equipment
- Sleeping bags
- Other expenses of personal nature such laundry, beverages, bottled water, tips etc
Mt Kenya Climbing
- 4 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Sirimon – Sirimon Route
- 5 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Sirimon – Chogoria Route
- 6 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Sirimon – Naromoru Route
- 6 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Naro Moru – Chogoria Route
OTHER SAFARI DESTINATIONS
- Aberdare National Park
- Amboseli National Park
- Masai Mara National reserve
- Mount Kenya National Park
- Samburu National Reserve
- Tsavo National